Twerk and Flow
Sweat. Flow. Move. Connect. and Twerk it!
Back by popular demand!
Get outside your comfort zone! Join Baptiste Power Yoga San Francisco teacher Tara Mohtadi and twerk/dance guru Kemari Harris for a special afternoon of connecting to your body through music, yoga and dance. We'll practice a fun filled 45 minute heated power vinyasa with music, towel off (change into fresh workout clothes if you need to!) and then setup for an hour of choreo and twerking fun. No experience necessary!
Saturday February 23rd, 2019 1:00-3:00
Price: $35 in advance $40 at the door
Baptiste Assisting Course
Baptiste Assisting Course is a hands-on training program designed to transform your personal practice, assisting and teaching. Baptiste Power Yoga Methodology will provide you with the tools to make an impact with others.
TWO DAY COURSE PROMISE:
- You will be taught and practice an assist for every pose in the Journey Into Power sequence.
- You will assist a full Journey Into Power practice using the Baptiste Yoga techniques for assisting.
- You will have a new experience of connection with others and of being of service.
THE BAPTISTE ASSISTING COURSE IS FOR ANYONE WHO:
- Wants to develop new skills in their yoga practice
- Aspires to be a hands-on assistant in a yoga class
- Currently teaches or assists and wants to upgrade their assisting technique
TWO DAY COURSE RESULTS:
Knowledge of the basics of assisting, including:
- A deeper understanding of your own body in your personal practice
- An assist for each pose in the Journey Into Power sequence
- 3 types of assists: directional, stabilizing, deepening
- 7 actions of artful assisting
- Ability to use True North Alignment to provide impactful, empowering assists
- Assist a full Journey Into Power practice
*Tuition does not include travel, lodging or meals.
March 23 Day 1 | 9am - 6pm (doors open at 8am for registration)
March 24 Day 2 | 9am - 5pm (doors open at 8:30am)
The completion of this two-day course will provide you with 15 elective hours towards your Baptiste Power Yoga Certification.
Baptiste Yoga SF Expand Your Power 200-hour Teacher Training
REGISTRATION IS OPEN FOR BPYSF'S 200 HOUR TEACHER TRAINING
Baptiste Power Yoga San Francisco's 200 hour Teacher Training is an extraordinary and NEW opportunity for you to deepen your yoga practice and expand the benefits into all areas of your life.
Discover for yourself how Baptiste Yoga™ and the Baptiste Methodology™ apply both on and off the mat through yoga asana, meditation, discussion, personal inquiry, contribution, community building, hands-on coaching, assisting and practice teaching. Experience the freedom and effectiveness that emerges from this inspired and embodied practice of Baptiste Yoga™.
Through individual inquiry and group process you will learn how to lead and teach a powerful 90 minute Baptiste Power Vinyasa Yoga class, and remove what blocks you from teaching powerfully and living from your authentic self. You will build on your personal strengths in this supportive environment.
- A powerful personal practice & deeper understanding of your body
- New friends and an amazing supportive community
- The ability to teach and all levels Power Yoga class to any population
- Anatomy & Physiology of yoga, as well as the energetics of yoga
- Alignment, sequencing, and hands on adjustments
- The philosophy of yoga and how to live yoga off your mat
- Effective communication & presentation skills
- Asana (physical yoga practice)
- Practice Teaching
- Anatomy & Physiology
* This is a RYT-200 hour training registered with the Yoga Alliance.
Required Reading list
The following two required readings are available at the studio or on-line.
- Journey into Power by Baron Baptiste
- Being Of Power by Baron Baptiste
The following 2 required readings may be found on Amazon in either paperback or for Kindle:
- The Key Muscles of Yoga: Scientific Keys, Volume 1 by Ray Long
- Yamas and Niyamas: Exploring Yoga’s Ethical Practice by Deborah Adele.
*Times are approximate and may change as necessary.
Sean Silvera and Jen Silvera
Baptiste Power Yoga San Francisco