Art of Assisiting
Art of Assisting is a hands on training that will transform your practice, your assisting and your teaching. As a student, you will experience a new perspective on your personal practice and a deeper understanding of energetic flow. It is an opportunity to make a contribution to others and can be a powerful access to teaching. As a teacher, you will gain confidence and tools in delivering assists that are direct, clear and powerful by mastering the principles of alignment. For all levels.
Facilitator: Leandra Antonutti
> Learn and practice an assist for every pose in the Journey Into Power sequence.
> Assist a full Journey Into Power practice.
> Experience a new level of being of service and connection with others.
Expand Your Power Teacher Training 2018
Discover for yourself how Baptiste Yoga™ and the Baptiste Methodology™ applies both on and off the mat through yoga asana, meditation, discussion, personal inquiry, contribution, community building, hands-on coaching, assisting and practice teaching. Experience the freedom and effectiveness that emerges from this inspired and embodied practice of Baptiste Yoga™.
Concrete results and outcomes you will get from this training:
- A powerful personal practice & deeper understanding of your body
- New friends and an amazing supportive community
- The ability to teach and all levels Power Yoga class to any population
- Anatomy & Physiology of yoga, as well as the energetics of yoga
- Alignment, sequencing, and hands on adjustments
- The philosophy of yoga and how to live yoga off your mat
- Effective communication & presentation skills
Program requirements and expectations:
- 150+ contact classroom hours
- 50+ non-contact hours
- Non-contact hours include time outside/in-between each scheduled weekend and include practice teaching sessions, reading and writing assignments, yoga practice, meditation, and group assignments and activities.
Required reading list:
- Included in tuition and given to you during the training:
- Journey into Power by Baron Baptiste
- Being Of Power by Baron Baptiste
- Must purchase following books in addition:
- Key Muscles of Yoga, Volume 1 by Ray Long
- Key Poses of Yoga volume 2 by Ray Long
- Yamas & Niyamas by Deborah Adele
- Modules will consist of the following:
- Asana (physical yoga practice)
- Practice Teaching
- Anatomy & Physiology
* This is a RYT-200 hour training registered with the Yoga Alliance. This training is also part of the pathway of a Certified Baptiste Teacher as it can be used towards the continuing education credits required for 500 hour Baptiste certification.
If you have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dates as follows:
- March 15 5-10
- March 16 5-10
- March 17 8-8
- March 18 8-5
- March 22 5-10
- March 23 5-10
- March 24 8-8
- March 25 8-5
- April 12 5-10
- April 13 5-10
- April 14 8-8
- April 15 8-5
- April 19 5-10
- April 20 5-10
- April 21 8-8
- April 22 8-5
- May 3 5-10
- May 4 5-10
- May 5 8-8
- May 6 8-5